Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sitting Out a Storm called Hanna

The tropical storm Hanna has moved up the coast. For me it was a day of fly-tying and sorting stuff in the materials collection. I tied a bunch of Muddler Minnows today, some White and Grey Wulff hair flies, a few Adams', and a couple of Pheasant Tail Nymphs . These flies are staples for me when I fish. They get a workout. I really like catching Trout on the surface but ai do like hanging a Pheasant Tail Nymph from the bend of a top water Muddler Minnow. I'm going to try to tie a few on size 16 hooks or even smaller. I really need to be in the mood for small. It can be very frustrating while my hands tremble and my eyes struggle to focus. My head magnifier keeps slipping off my head. I start fumbling, the scissors manage to cut the tying thread before I'm finished, the windings slip their knot and magically unwind like some animated joke. At this point things aren't fun. Anyhow, there's college football today, and I'm looking forward to watching some of it on TV.

No comments: