Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shaping the Spun Deer Hair

I'm using scissors to shape the spun deer hair head of a Muddler Minnow. I love fishing the Muddler Minnow with a small dropper of about 15" with a Pheasant Tail Nymph. The dropper is tied at the hook bend of the Muddler. The Muddler acts like a strike indicator and sometimes attracts a huge trout who passes up the relatively tiny Pheasant Tail Nymph. I found I could tie the dropper to the bend using a Duncan loop, which can be loosened easily.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Zen! I didn't know that you were into fly fishing. My friend Deb is crazy about it. She taught me how over the summer when I went to the mountains. It was really relaxing. I actually caught a couple of fish.
Hope everything is going good with you.
Kate